- We recommend that you practice Pilates two to three times per week to experience its benefits.
- Registration/Enrollment forms must be completed by each client prior to their first private session, small group class, or open mat class. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early for your first appointment in order to complete this paperwork.
- Payment is required in advance — by cash, personal check, Mastercard, Visa, or American Express.
- All unused sessions expire 3 months after purchase date.
- All sessions and classes are 50 – 55 minutes in length, unless otherwise noted.
- Be prepared to wear socks for your workout. Please bring clean socks with you. We recommend purchasing your own pair of grip-bottomed socks (Toesox.com, CrescentMoonYoga.com, Toezies.com).
- Please allow yourself and others to concentrate on their training and learning experience by turning off cell phones and keeping conversation to a minimum during your workout.
- Pilates is not recommended in a group format for participants with injuries or requiring specific rehabilitation, rather privates are advised.
- Please make every attempt to arrive on time for private sessions. Appointments that begin late will end on time unless that day’s schedule permits extending your session to make up for a late arrival.
- Please note that we have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. Clients will be charged the full rate for any appointment that is cancelled or rescheduled without 24-hours notice.
- Inconsistent attendance for standing appointments may result in the loss of your regular appointment timeslot
- Group Reformer/Tower class participants are required to participate in a minimum of 5 private Pilates sessions prior to enrolling in group classes in order to assess their level and provide them with any individual modifications they may need, as well as properly place them into a group training session.
Your safety is our top priority
With that in mind, we ask that the following rules be followed, so that everyone may enjoy a safe Pilates experience.
- As always, before starting any new exercise program, be sure to check with your healthcare professional if you have any conditions such as the following:
- Past injuries such as whiplash, sprains, unstable joints, disc problems
- Prescription drug use
- Chronic disease such as arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
- Personal or family history of high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, high cholesterol, pulmonary disease, history of cardiovascular disease
- Avoid wearing jewelry such as bracelets and necklaces, which may get caught in the springs and straps.
- Refrain from using lotions, creams and oils as it increases risk of slipping, and can cause damage to the equipment.
- Abstain from wearing fragrances to class, as this may impact other students.
- Those with long hair are advised to wear it up to allow the instructor to assess proper body alignment, and to avoid catching it in springs and straps.
- Do not practice Pilates under the influence of alcohol or drugs (even prescribed drugs) which may affect your physical abilities such as balance.
- Chewing gum during class is prohibited.
- All apparatus are to be cleaned and returned to its original settings after use.