About Teacher Training
Pilates Village is proud to offer Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training Certification.
About the PSC Program
The Cutting Edge Approach to Pilates Teacher Training – PSC teaches a contemporary approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s; one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principals. Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach to Pilates all in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual.
|This all-inclusive 450+ hour course includes:
||Who is Pilates Sports Center? Watch more videos ?|
What Makes the PSC Teacher Training Program Different?
- PSC offers 120 hours of classroom time vs. other Programs who require lots of “outside hours” but not actual instruction time
- PSC believes in the anatomically based concepts of “neutral spine” to support the spine’s natural curves, a departure from the “pelvic tilt” to flatten the back
- All PSC’s Master Teacher Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple diplomas, have passed rigorous testing, and are PMA Certified Pilates Teachers™
- Extensive photographic Manual is included in Course. Expensive books, DVDs or classes are NOT required at an extra cost
- PSC teaches both “East Coast”/Classical and a “West Coast”/Progressive execution throughout the course to create a well-rounded instructor. This is unique to PSC
- PSC refuses to offer a “quickie” programs – 2 options: – Comprehensive “All-In-One” 15-week course or “Modular” programs to learn the Mat and Equipment individually
- PSC requires an entrance and exit interview / exam to accept and graduate only those who are truly ready. PSC is proud to be an educational leader who cares about the integrity and success of our graduates
- Competitively priced with no hidden costs or extra courses needed – we provide it all at one price
- Small class size for the best learning experience – plenty of equipment and Instructor time. 12 Students MAX!
- PSC teaches the equipment repertoire on the 5 various “models” of the Reformer, 3 types of Wunda Chair, and 2 Types of Cadillac equipment to understand how to adapt to different studio environments. This is unique to PSC
- Students learn how to maintain, modify and perform safety servicing of the Pilates equipment – this is unique to PSC
- Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs – this creates the most capable and skilled trainer
- Review and testing are 99% oral/practical. Learning to think on your feet and apply information in a practical, physical way will insure an understanding of the material for your success
- Students are given ample review time (9-12 hours!) This is achieved through group Q&A sessions in a hands-on environment with the instructor – this is unique to PSC, no other Program affords this much time to reviewing the material included in tuition
- 3 ways to make up missed material/class time: The entire course is available on DVD to review and is cataloged day by day. You can tutor privately with an instructor (fees apply), you can join another course running nearby or that is offered at an alternate time of day if applicable at no cost. – This is unique to PSC
- PSC can offer a 5% dealer discount with Balanced Body – Code# PIL0220
- PSC consistently upholds the most current PMA curriculum recommendations
When Shopping for A Program…
The PMA does not regulate or approve any Pilates Teacher Training/Certification course. This will result in you needing to do your research! Look for PMA Certified Instructors™ who have been teaching for 5 years or more. Ask questions! Be aware of the following:
- Modular programs that are remarkably brief – you can’t learn ALL of the material in 1 weekend or even in 1 month
- Back-to-Back programs that go all day, many hours and days in a row. You will not absorb the material; the burn out rate is very high
- Policies on missed days – how will you make up the material?
- Some other programs insist on 10-15 apprentice hours per week per “level” and don’t allow you to go at your own pace. There may be as many as 4 levels to complete!
- Lengthy programs that span weekends and holidays and may disrupt your schedule for an extended period of time
- Programs taught in “Levels” are hard to follow and integrate the material
Beware of hidden fees and policies – add up ALL fees to complete the Program Please be sure to read the fine print when choosing a course, do the math. Some of them have the following policies:
- Extra testing fees to complete the course
- Required video/book/classes at an extra cost
- A tuition “loan” with an employment contract of 2 years that is binding and may hold up your certificate of completion
- Required practice teaching hour policies within their studio only, where the Studio collects fees from client and pays little or nothing to you
- Some programs require you to take their center’s Cont. Education Workshops to maintain “good standing” with them – this may be in addition to the PMA CEC requirements
- An additional Anatomy Course may be required to enter the course at an extra cost
- Weekly workouts at their facility may be required at your cost
- Some studios may charge high rent for you to “rent space” to self-practice or even to observe
PSC Does NOT believe in any of this – you are a professional and deserve to be treated as such. We are straightforward, clear and dedicated to your education and success as our top priority.